Role summary: To bring training, development and project coordination expertise to the My Life My Choice (MLMC) Travel Buddy Scheme.
The key aspects of the role are…
1. To project manage the Travel Buddy Scheme ensuring targets are met as per funders criteria and as per the MLMC strategic/business plan
2. To train, mentor and develop the MLMC travel buddies (trainers) with learning disabilities to support their peers (trainees) to travel independently
3. To work in partnership with other MLMC staff to coordinate transport related campaigns and consultations for the MLMC membership.
Job location (usual place of work): Cowley, Oxford
Pay rate: £23,541 – £27,041
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Project Coordinator
Applications close on date: Monday 23rd August (10:00)
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: The following skills/experience is essential:
• Commitment to the practice of empowering people with learning disabilities to have choice and control over their lives.
• Able to support people to speak up for themselves and to learn skills
• Excellent administration/coordination skills.
• Methodical and well organised, with the ability to prioritise.
• Self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude
• Ability to organise own workload, be able work well under pressure and to work to deadlines
• Ability to communicate and network with a wide variety of people at all levels using a variety of mediums
• Good facilitation, presentational, written, and organisational skills
• Good IT Skills including Microsoft (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
• GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent)
• Proven ability to write succinctly and clearly
• Willingness to learn and to be adaptable to change
• Willingness to travel throughout Oxfordshire
• Willingness to follow instruction and to work to objectives.
To apply, please contact: My Life My Choice website: