Role summary: Being a Care Assistant may be challenging but it’s also extremely rewarding. We love making a different to people’s lives, we love hearing the wonderful stories we hear from our customers, we love putting a smile on our customer’s faces and we love helping customers live in the comfort of their own homes. Do you want to do a job that you love like us?
Care Assistants provide each customer with a bespoke homecare experience, to enable them to continue to enjoy fulfilling lives in their own homes, for as long as possible while promoting their independence.
We offer flexible working hours and also have opportunities for 24hr Live-in care (no requirement for a driving licence)
Typical support we provide involves
• Personal care and hygiene
• Food preparation
• Medication support
• Shopping, housework, and social support
NO EXPERIENCE is necessary as fully paid training with our supportive team is provided.
You will be expected to offer homecare and travel between customer visits, so it is essential that you can drive and have your own transport. Unlike other care companies, we pay for both travel time AND mileage. If you are unable to drive, we do have Live-in care opportunities.
• Competitive basic pay rates after probation £12 – £14 p/hr
• Flexible working hours (Mornings/Evenings/Weekends)
• Local work
• Pension contributions
• Paid travel time and mileage
• Free uniform & smartphone
• £250 Refer-a-friend bonus scheme
• Ongoing training and support from our friendly office team
• Career development opportunities
• Enhanced DBS background check, or online DBS update service will be accepted.
• Be able to communicate clearly in English with an elderly person who may be confused or hard of hearing.
• Have a valid driving licence, taxed and MOT car with Business Class 1 insurance
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.00-£14.00 per hour
• Company pension
• Employee discount
• Flexible schedule
• Referral programme
• Store discounts
• Driving Licence (required)
Job location (usual place of work): Oxfordshire
Pay rate: £12-14
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Care Worker
Applications close on date: n/a
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
To apply, please contact: www.bluebirdcare.co.uk/oxford
Tel: 01491 837940