Role summary: Join our growing Home Support team across Oxfordshire. We support older people in their homes with a variety of tasks when they need a little extra help to maintain their independence at home. The main tasks involved are household chores, meal preparation, shopping and companionship. There is no personal care required.
The service is available Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00. No weekend or evening work required. The position is offered on a zero hour contract and work is built up as your client list grows. Please see our job description for full details.
We have positions available in:
Witney (must be available Mondays and Fridays)
Carterton (must be available Mondays and Fridays)
Job location (usual place of work): Within clients homes
Pay rate: £9.32 per hour
Pay is pro rata?:
Job title: Home Support Worker
Applications close on date: On-going
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: JOB PURPOSE:
Home Support Options provide flexible solutions to older people and their carers to help older people stay independent at home. Our Home Support helps people with keeping the home clean and tidy, laundry, bed making, picking up prescriptions, shopping and simple meal preparation and assisting with the little things that make a big difference in terms of quality of life which can include providing companionship and supporting people to pursue their interests and participate in their local community. Each support package is tailored to each of our customer’s unique needs and we provide as much or as little support as needed, when and where it is wanted. Home Support workers play a vital role by contributing to the delivery of a range of high quality services.
To provide regular visits to clients in their own homes, giving practical assistance with domestic tasks and providing general companionship. There are no personal care duties.
• Housekeeping: domestic services such as keeping the home tidy, light cleaning, changing bed linen, laundry and ironing.
• Shopping and meal preparation: shopping for weekly groceries, checking the fridge for out of date food, help with meal planning and ensuring a balanced diet, simple preparation of meals and drinks. Washing-up and putting dishes away.
• Household management: preparing the home for receiving guests, assistance with managing bill payments, support with correspondence and telephone calls. Running errands such as picking up prescriptions or posting letters. Wardrobe management.
• Ensuring clients feel less lonely and isolated: managing a diary, support with hobbies and activities, helping clients learn new skills such as using a computer or mobile phone. Helping maintain contact with family and friends, accompanying people on outings or on shopping trips and providing support to attend appointments. Arranging holidays or regular breaks away from home.
To apply, please contact: If you are interested and can answer yes to the following questions then please call us on 01235 849430 or 01235 849413.
• Are you over 18?
• Can you drive and have access to a car?
• Are you available at least 2 days a week?
• Do you have experience supporting people?
• Do you want to support older people in their own home?