Role summary: Would you like to work for a leading mental health charity?
Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
If yes, join us here at Rethink Mental Illness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Carers Support Worker to join our inspiring and friendly team. Your role will be a Permanent position, working full time 35 hours per week seconded to Oxford Early Intervention Service in Oxfordshire.
Job location (usual place of work): Oxfordshire
Pay rate: £19,432.27 to £21,703.54
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Carers Support Worker
Applications close on date: 24th September 2021
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: • Experience of providing support to carers of people with a mental illness; or experience of providing care and/or support services to carers or people with mental illness within another social care setting in either a paid or voluntary capacity
• Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and embedding the ethos of recovery into my own practice
• Understand the rights of Carers and promote the interests of Carers and the people they care for
• Create and update individual Care/Recovery Plans and support carers who use our services in achieving their goals
• Provide individual support to a specified number of mental health carers and I liaise with other mental health agencies and services to achieve the best possible outcome for the carer and the cared for
• Encourage and empower individuals to self manage their own wellbeing
• Work in partnership with EIS multi disciplinary team to deliver effective support to carers and families as part of the team
• Provide information to mental health carers on how to access mental health services and carers assessments
• Ensure that voluntary sector agencies and other mental health service providing are aware of the value of carer involvement, and that appropriate support and encouragement are provided in terms of remuneration and access
To apply, please contact: www.rethink.org – and search work for us at the bottom of the page.