‘Capturing Change’ a session on Wednesday 17th November from 12pm – 1pm which will look at the difference you are making and how to evidence and communicate the benefits of your work.
We will discuss the basics and give you ideas of how to measure outcomes and explore a storytelling technique for evaluating your project..
Would you like to prove that your project is making a difference but don’t know where to start? Do terms such as outputs, outcomes and impact leave you confused? Then this is the session for you.
Presentations and discussion from OCVA and the Old Fire Station will provide a guide to the basics of monitoring and offer inspiring ways to tell the story of what you do.
There will also be opportunities for follow-up support. Come with questions!
- Demystifying definitions: outputs, outcomes, impact and qualitative and quantative methods…what do they mean and how are they useful?
- Simple and fun ways to collect and evidence the benefits of your project
- How to use the story of your project to recruit volunteers, raise funds, improve what you do and more!.. and time for discussion & questions
Old Fire Station – Storytelling Evaluation Methodology
Storytelling is an evaluation approach which involves collecting stories from people about their experience of a project, and then analysing these stories in a participatory way. Rather than setting indicators in advance, it allows the people involved to define what impact looks like for them in their own voice and words.
- An introduction to storytelling and how it works in practice
- The benefits of using this approach
- How storytelling can be used to identify what has changed for those you work with as a result of project activities. Why the change happened and why it is important.
- Discussion around how storytelling might be used in your context
This will be an online event. Zoom details will be shared once you have registered on Eventbrite.
Please register using this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/205607295957
Everyone is welcome to attend.
We hope to see you there!
CFO and OCVA