Role summary: An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Estates Team Member to be a part of our incredibly vital Estates team, ensuring Helen & Douglas House is safe and a world class environment to receive care, as well as to work, shop and volunteer.
Job location (usual place of work): Helen & Douglas House, 14a Magdalen Road, Oxford, Oxon, OX4 1RW
Pay rate: £28,000 – £29,000 per annum
Job title: Estates Team Member (Retail)
Applications close on date: Midnight on 29th May 2022
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Estates Team Member to be a part of our incredibly vital Estates team, ensuring Helen & Douglas House is safe and a world class environment to receive care, as well as to work, shop and volunteer.
Working closely with the Head of Facilities and Operations and colleagues in the Estates Team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of our retail property portfolio of 25 shops, planned schedule of significant shop repairs, shop refits, new shop openings, and dilapidations as well as being part of a team carrying out maintenance work on the Oxford Hospice site and some capital project support work.
The successful candidate must have a ‘can do’ attitude to work and be motivated in the role to help provide an efficient service to all children, guests, families, volunteers, and staff in supporting the maintenance and upkeep of the hospice.
Skills we are looking for:
– Proven experience in maintenance, and skilled in using power and hand tools.
– Experience in any of the following: Electrical, plumbing, welding, DIY woodwork, metalwork, brick laying, compressed air, engines/generators.
– Awareness in: Electricity at work regulations, provision & use of work equipment regulations, LPG regulations, Legionella & standing water, working at height regulations, and working in confined spaces.
– Maintain a constant awareness of health, welfare and safety issues affecting colleagues, patients, visitors, and themselves, reporting any accidents or fault in line with organisational policy.
– Proven ability to engage others and communicate using various methods along with excellent interpersonal skills.
– Professional, flexible, and committed to going above and beyond the remit of the role to achieve and exceed quality.
– Curiosity to learn, develop both yourself and others; motivated by our cause and the opportunity to be part of Helen & Douglas House vision.
This role is flexible regarding working on site/at home, but will require frequent travel to our shops and therefore the post holder must be able to drive in order to discharge the duties of the role.
To apply, please contact: For further details please see the Job Description on our website and if you have any questions about the role please email email@example.com call the Human Resources team on 01865 794749.
The closing date for applications is 29th May 2022 and interviews will take place in early June.
Please follow the link to apply: https://recruitment.helenanddouglas.org.uk/job/272027
Staff working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value the benefits of a diverse workforce. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community.