Role summary: Do you have a passion for managing an estates portfolio, sustainability and driving change within an organisation? Are you a strategic focused, inspirational senior manager with a keen interest or background in managing facilities and operations? Then we have a role for you!
Job location (usual place of work): Helen & Douglas House, 14a Magdalen Road, Oxford, Oxon, OX4 1RW
Pay rate: £50,700 – £52,000 per annum
Job title: Head of Facilities and Operations
Applications close on date: Midnight on 29th May 2022
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: We are very excited to be recruiting for a Head of Facilities & Operations at Helen & Douglas House who will work across our entire organisation from our Hospice to our network of Retail shops, and everything in between, in this vital brand-new role.
As Head of Facilities & Operations you will shape, lead, and manage the departments that work across Helen & Douglas House (including retail premises). You will be accountable for ensuring that our property portfolio, including our shops, are kept open and are fit for purpose. You will provide expertise on sustainability, and you will lead a proactive Health & Safety programme throughout the organisation, driving a positive safety culture and the day-to-day operations of Housekeeping and Catering.
If you are looking for a strategically important senior leadership role where you can see the difference you make and you are keen to grow yourself and the charity you represent, please do get in touch.
Essential skills and experience for the role:
– Proven experience in managing an estate portfolio and developing a prioritisation framework.
– Experience of sustainable development planning and influencing key internal and external stakeholders.
– Significant experience of leading multi-disciplined teams, working across a range of complex projects for multiple customers, with a track record of delivering results to budget.
– Strategic thinker with proven experience of developing strategies and shaping long-term plans.
– Able to contribute to the development of cross organisation strategies, and to quickly understand and demonstrate the ability to lead on the priorities of Helen & Douglas House.
– Ability to deal with and lead through ambiguity and to navigate new territory, setting a clear path and establishing new protocols.
– Capable of implementing and managing change in a dynamic and diverse organisation.
– Experience of drafting and implementing effective health & safety policies and standards.
This role is hybrid, with a minimum of 2 days per week working in the office and the remaining working from home or visiting our retail shops.
To apply, please contact: For further details please see the Job Description on our website and if you have any questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org call the Human Resources team on 01865 794749.
The closing date for applications is 29th May 2022, interviews will take place in early June.
Please follow the link to apply: https://recruitment.helenanddouglas.org.uk/job/271998
Staff working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value the benefits of a diverse workforce. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community.