Role summary: The South Oxford Adventure Playground is seeking experienced lead play workers to manage a team of paid staff in delivering exciting child-led sessions to 7 to 14 year olds in school holidays, after school and at a weekly Youth Club.
SOAP’s main aim is to support the physical and mental health of children and young people through outdoor play in our wonderful site in central Oxford. SOAP comprises a large green space with adventure play equipment, a small woodland, football field, basketball and table tennis, and indoor space for games, craft and hanging out.
managing a staff team,
registering children, supervising play, running activities,
developing new activities in the woodland, tidying up,
implementing SOAP’s safeguarding policies.
Essential training: First aid & Safeguarding
We’re big on the outdoors – come and join our team!
Job location (usual place of work): Oxford
Pay rate: £13.17ph
Job title: Senior Play & Youth Worker
Applications close on date: Ongoing
Hours are: Part time
Contract is: Fixed term
Job description: Ensure the overall smooth and safe running of sessions, working to support the senior play/youth lead. Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are followed during sessions, be aware and respond to C&YP who may need additional, and ensure staff and volunteers are supported. This post holder should be able to use their initiative to problem solve, and be able to deputise for Senior Play Leader when required. At this level the post holder will have at least 2 years of experience at SOAP, including extended periods working with the holiday play schemes, and/or working with C&YP in a comparable setting.
Duties and responsibilities:
– support play / youth worker team and any volunteers;
– be a role model and mentor to C&YP as well as staff team;
– contribute & oversee
o accuracy of signing in and out;
o set up and shutdown of site;
o safety checks of all resources and equipment;
o tidying, emptying bins, washing up, ensuring water station is replenished, checking toilets, bark under equipment is raked etc.
– initiate, facilitate and lead on activities/opportunities that support and reflect the diverse interests and needs of C&YP;
– act as designated first aider;
– contribute to and ensure activities are risk assessed;
– support behavioural management and one to one support where appropriate;
– actively support safeguarding and wellbeing of all children and young people, and act on concerns in accordance with safeguarding procedures and child protection legislation.
– complete daily log of session, including summarising attendance, and staffing;
– liaise with external groups and parents/carers;
– support and coordinate duties / task undertaking by Duke of Edinburgh volunteers;
– undertake training to support the smooth and safe running of SOAP and achievement of purpose
To apply, please contact: Naomi Waite