Role summary: Encouraging service users to function independently and set positive, realistic goals for themselves as a means to improving their quality of life
Job location (usual place of work): Oxford
Pay rate: £19,380 per annum
Job title: Recovery Worker
Applications close on date: Sunday 10 July 2022
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Are you looking for a meaningful job, helping people with mental health problems improve their well being? We are seeking a Recovery Worker at our Elder Stubbs Group. The Elder Stubbs Recovery Group offers Restore service users the opportunity to engage with a range of structured interventions that will support people to participate in recovery, develop skills in self-management, create and manage services, and increase their personal autonomy and control. The site has facilities and activities to enable people to develop a range of skills that include gardening, woodwork, horticulture, general site maintenance, crafts, willow weaving and catering.
• To support the overall day to day running of the recovery group
• To monitor and support individual service users’ recovery journey through creative and varied work activities.
• To support service users to develop transferable skills through practical work and social interaction
• To involve service users in the development and delivery of the service
• To involve service users in the development and delivery of their individual support
• To develop links within the community – work implement care plans
• To implement effective risk management
• To help to organise the Elder Stubbs festival and any other events.
More specifically, the job entails: Specific Responsibilities To encourage service users to function independently and set positive, realistic goals for themselves as a means to improving their quality of life, by:
• Empowering and involving service users in the running of the project(s)
• Fostering a climate of positive change within individuals and the group, working to support individuals to achieve agreed goals/ action plans
• Developing teamwork and encouraging the group and individual service users to take responsibility for tasks
• Promoting the acquisition of skills through provision of a variety of tasks which service users can do to gain skills
• Incorporating the use of information technology as appropriate
• Working closely with other team members to maintain and further develop a challenging work environment that encourages learning and individual development.
• Increasing access to mainstream opportunities. To assist in maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of the project
• Keeping accurate and up to date records and accounts
• Implementing systems to record service user progress
• Helping to ensure that buildings on the site are properly maintained and to be involved in the care and maintenance of equipment/ stock used.
• Participation in staff and group meetings and any other relevant meetings
• Liaison with other staff and outside agencies as appropriate
To ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation by
• Ensuring risk is assessed and managed
• Ensuring awareness among service users and visitors of any potential hazards and ensuring that safety is maintained at all times
• Instructing and training all those people involved in the project in relevant Health and Safety procedure
• Ensuring Food Hygiene and Health and Safety standards are adhered to as per Restore’s Food Safety Policy and national Health and Safety Regulations.
Specific skill and project information: This post is a development opportunity for candidates wishing to start work in the field of mental health rehabilitation. We are looking for a person with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. The post provides training, supervision and support to develop skills and take on greater responsibility and career development. Occasional weekend work will be required.
General Responsibilities • To comply with the organisation’s relevant policies and procedures. • Address issues of race, culture, gender, class, disability, sexual orientation, age and other discrimination in relation to mental health issues • To do all that is reasonably practicable to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, with regard to appropriate risk assessments and ensuring compliance with local and statutory requirements. • To participate in regular supervision with the Recovery Co-Coordinator • To undertake any other duties as may be required by RESTORE.
Job description: Recovery Worker ES – Full-time June 2022
To apply, please contact: Via Restore website https://www.restore.org.uk/jobs