Role summary: This is an exciting opportunity to support the improvement and expansion of advice delivery in our busy Oxford office. Joining a team of paid and volunteer advice session supervisors you will be overseeing advice delivery to our clients through email, Adviceline and face to face service.
The post holder will offer support to paid and volunteer advisors to ensure clients are given prompt, high quality advice and advisors receive guidance, support and the development needed to maintain delivery standards. Ideally, the successful candidate will provide both consultative support and some case checking and quality checks.
Job location (usual place of work): Hybrid working – supporting our face-to-face team twice a week in central Oxford, plus delivering remote support for the rest of the week either from home or our central Oxford office.
Pay rate: Salary range £27,000 – £28,600 depending on experience
Pay is pro rata?: No
Job title: Advice Session Supervisor
Applications close on date: 14/08/2022
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Permanent
Job description: Job share or part time hours can also be considered for the right candidate(s).
• Provide an appropriate level of support and supervision to individual advice facing staff and volunteers depending on their level of competence.
• Ensure remedial and developmental issues are identified and acted on to develop individuals, improve the quality of service and ensure clients do not suffer detriment due to poor or inadequate advice.
• Manage the practicalities of the advice session and ensure adequate staffing and resources for all channels including advice line/single queue.
• Contribute to ensuring work queue, task lists, routine phone and email enquiries are completed
• Keep technical and research and campaigns knowledge up to date and ensure that these are promoted and integrated in a way relevant to the role.
• Contribute to new quality of advice monitoring procedures
• Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are followed during the advice sessions
• Carry out and record routine case checking as required
• Maintain effective admin systems and records, work cooperatively with colleagues, encourage good teamwork and clear lines of communication.
• Attend regular internal meetings relevant to the role
• Create a positive working environment in which equality and diversity are well-managed, dignity at work is upheld and staff perform optimally.
• Carry out annual reviews of volunteers in conjunction with other support staff, Advice Service Manager and Technical, Compliance & Training Lead
• Encourage good teamwork and lines of communication between all members of staff and volunteers
• Participate in the recruitment and induction of volunteers as required
• Assist the Training Lead/Officer with the training and mentoring of new volunteers
• At least 2 years’ experience of delivering generalist advice
• Proven ability to supervise and motivate volunteers
• Ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively
• Good understanding of the quality and compliance requirements of providing advice including GDPR, full exploration of issues etc.
• Proven ability to monitor and maintain service delivery against quality and compliance requirements
• Confident using IT systems and packages, electronic resources in the provision of advice and recording of outcomes
• Practical understanding of the issues involved in working with vulnerable people face to face or remotely
• Commit to, and work within, the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service
• Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
To apply, please contact: For more information and to find out how to apply, please visit our website at https://www.citizensadviceoxford.org.uk/get-involved/working-with-us/