Role summary: Oxford Hub is working to build a more equal, resilient and connected Oxford. We run volunteering programmes and collaborative projects that support people to thrive, participate in their community, and bring about systemic change.
This role will be responsible for two key areas of Oxford Hub’s engagement of student volunteers: recruiting students to our programmes and supporting student enterprise in the community.
This role will support students to volunteer and make their ideas for a better Oxford a reality.
Applications close at 9am on Monday 15th August.
Job location (usual place of work): Oxford Hub – 36 Little Clarendon Street, Oxford
Pay rate: £22,500
Job title: Student Social Action Coordinator
Applications close on date: Monday 15th August, 9am
Hours are: Full time
Contract is: Fixed term
Job description: Responsibilities:
● Recruit Scholars to our volunteering programmes.
● Run outreach events for Scholars where they can meet with programme managers and hear about how to get involved with programmes. Likewise, attend outreach events put on by partners (such as the Freshers’ Fair).
● Support Oxford Hub staff to make the most of student and Scholar volunteers on their programmes. This includes working with colleagues to identify community need that Scholars could help meet, define volunteer roles for Scholars which meet these needs, and advertise roles to Scholars.
● Supporting Scholars 1:1 over email, Zoom and in-person, directing them to volunteering that they’ll enjoy and which have a strong social impact.
● Write a weekly newsletter in term time outlining all the opportunities for Scholars.
● Run 2-week internal Placements where Scholars support Oxford Hub programmes behind the scenes.
● Report and keep records of Scholars on our programmes, and feed into development of a new digital volunteer management platform.
● Communicate with key community partners, including the University of Oxford’s Student Fees and Funding team and Careers Service.
● Recruit a Committee of dedicated student volunteers, who will spread the word about Oxford Hub in the student body.
● Support the Committee to hold regular meetings by supporting them to set an agenda, attending meetings, and checking in on follow-up actions.
● Support the Committee to achieve 6 “outreach projects” each term to spread the word about Oxford Hub, from events to promote student social action, to creating promotional materials. Support could include assisting with venue-booking, set-up, staff attendance to events, and other areas as appropriate.
● Support the Committee to write a weekly student newsletter during term-time.
● Work with the University of Oxford’s Research Services to offer Oxford University students support to set up their own community enterprises and projects to make Oxford a better, more equal city.
● Promote our community enterprise funding to the student community.
● Run events and activities to engage more students and staff in socially impactful, entrepreneurial Social Enterprise and support them to make their ideas a reality.
● Provide support (working with our partners) for students to develop their enterprises.
● Set up panels (working with our partners) to judge student enterprise pitches and select enterprises to be awarded funding.
● Support funded organisations to succeed and signpost them to further support to enable their enterprises to thrive and deliver community benefit.
● Connect residents or students who are interested in social enterprise with members of the team who can support them.
Oxford Hub Staff Team
● Attend regular team meetings, both with the whole team and appropriate working groups such as the university strategy team.
● Support other members of the team in their roles e.g. through supporting training sessions or recruitment events.
● Deal with all matters sensitively and discreetly at all times abiding by relevant confidentiality and data protection policies.
● Share and develop best practice with other members of the team and partners.
● Keep Scholar-focused and enterprise-focused webpages up to date.
● Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably expected as part of this role.
To apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full application pack on our website: https://www.oxfordhub.org/join-the-team