Community First Oxfordshire (CFO) and Oxfordshire Community and Voluntary Action (OCVA) are hosting webinars presented by Kelly Matthews, the Regional Outreach Advisor (South East) from the Disclosure and Barring Service which are designed to help charities, community groups and employers in the voluntary sector in Oxfordshire understand the DBS process.
The session will be on online so please register via Eventbrite to receive Zoom details.
DBS: Understanding DBS referrals: Monday 16th October 10 – 11am
The session will include the following information plus the opportunity to ask questions:
- The benefits of DBS and your organisation working together
- The three different referral routes
- When a DBS Barring referral should be made, including when the legal duty is met
- What Regulated Activity is
- How to make a good quality referral
- The consequences of not making appropriate barring referrals and the consequences of being included in one or both Barred Lists