Due to continued high demand and growth, we are recruiting for Mental Health Workers and Lead Mental Health Workers to deliver interventions to support vulnerable young people and their families, in Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire, to re-engage with education.
• Do you have a passion for improving young people’s mental health?
• Do you want to work somewhere that values and protects time for creative thinking?
• Do you enjoy a collaborative work environment with colleagues and other professionals?
• Are you eager to learn and progress your career in the mental health, education and voluntary sector?
If so these unique and varied roles might be for you!
What would my average date look like?
• Join a planning meeting with colleagues
• Writing a plan for your session (with Jamie, aged 10)
• Text Jamie’s foster carers before you go to check how his morning went
• Travel to Jamie’s primary school
• Deliver your one-to-one session with Jamie which aims to help him learn new ways to manage his feelings
• Update Jamie’s teaching assistant on how your session went
• Travel back to the office or home
• Write up your session, reflecting on progress against targets
What do we offer?
• Training in CBT and DBT and at least an hour of CPD per week
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• 2 weeks of additional leave over the Christmas break
• Career progression
• Flexible working policy
• Most importantly, an exciting and rewarding role that is different every day
Job location (usual place of work): Oxford or Aylesbury
Pay Rate: £23,400 – £25,499
Applications close on: Will be reviewed as received.
Hours: Ideally full time but part-time would be considered.
Contract is: Permanent
To apply : Visit Career Opportunities — One-Eighty