The training An Introduction to Children & Young People’s Mental Health wants to promote the idea that positive mental health is everybody’s responsibility.
It is an introductory training that has a whole-organisation approach and it is designed to upskill and support the front-line staff by giving them the tools to:
- better recognise and respond to early signs of mental health problems of children and young people
- improve emotional literacy and resilience of children and young people
- reflect on their own mental health and how this could impact upon the children and young people
- reflect on any improvement opportunities within their own work setting.
It is promising to see an increased awareness of mental health across the country with many different initiatives also in Oxfordshire, but we are also aware that we need to keep encouraging and leading this growing awareness, making sure that children and young people are top priority when talking about mental health.
The need for this training is essential especially considering the enormous impact that the pandemic is having on the mental health of children and young people. If you have a group of more than 8 staff members, including volunteers, we can organise a trainer to deliver an online session or a face to face session. Alternatively, if you don’t have as many as 8 members of staff to book onto the course, and work closely with another club or organisation, we can accommodate you all to join together for the training.
The training can be delivered:
- online via Zoom (trainers will be using breakout rooms in order to maintain a good level of engagement and active participation)
- or face to face at your organisation, with the required covid-secure measures
- over a full day in two parts (allowing for good breaks to avoid fatigue) or
- over two twilight sessions
Full details and booking form:
For more information or to book the training, please contact Oxfordshire Youth’s Training Coordinator Siobhan Kennedy: Siobhan.firstname.lastname@example.org or 07828390802