TOE2 and TVERC Recorders’ Grant Scheme
TOE2 is delighted to invite applications for projects that improve the quality, quantity and/or coverage of voluntary species recording in Berkshire and Oxfordshire.
Applications may be standalone grants to support better recording or they may be linked to a larger biodiversity application to TOE2.
Please contact us or look at our website (www.trustforoxfordshire.org.uk) for further information about the Recorders’ Grant Scheme.
General environmental grant scheme
The next deadline for applications to the TOE2 environmental grant scheme is the 18 July. Most grants are up to £5,000 but applications up to £10,000 can be considered, depending on the nature of the project and the level of funds available.
TOE2 invites applications for projects that;
* Promote and improve biodiversity
* Support Oxfordshire’s Low Carbon Agenda through encouraging energy efficiency and the sustainable use of renewable resources in community facilities
* Improve access to green spaces and the countryside
Thanks to Grundon Waste Management and Oxfordshire County Council for supporting the TOE2 grant scheme.
Encouraging Bumblebees across Oxfordshire
Bumblebees are not as numerous or widespread as you might expect. Changes in land management mean there are less and less wildflowers in the landscape, and many bumblebee species are struggling to survive.
TOE2 would like to help raise the profile of the bumblebee in Oxfordshire. We can make funds available for projects which benefit bumblebees and other invertebrates by planting native flowers and shrubs in suitable natural habitats and also planting nectar-rich non-native species in more urban locations. If you are already planning to submit a biodiversity application to TOE2, do consider whether you can increase the scope of your project by creating opportunities for bumblebees.
So if you would like to see more bumblebees in your area, do come to us with your project ideas and we will do what we can to help you.
For further information about threats to bumblebees and how to help them, have a look at the Bumblebee Conservation Trust website:
3. To find out more about how bumblebees are doing in your area, set up BeeWalk survey transects – http://bumblebeeconservation.org/get-involved/surveys/beewalk/. This will also be useful in helping you evaluate the success of habitat creation. Remember to share your records with TVERC – http://www.tverc.org/cms/content/share-your-records
4. Visit http://bumblebeeconservation.org/about-us/resources for further information and printable resource sheets.
Supporting energy efficiency in Oxfordshire’s community buildings
Warm, welcoming village halls and community centres are a huge asset to any community. TOE2 can provide grants towards energy audits which identify the best ways to make buildings more energy and cost efficient, and we can also provide grants towards making energy efficiency improvements.
We are interested in working with local communities that would like to become Low Carbon Communities, perhaps addressing energy and water efficiency in all the buildings in their village that are used by the community. Please contact us for further details as to how we can support Low Carbon Communities.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss your project ideas – 01865 407003 or email@example.com or visit our website www.trustforoxfordshire.org.uk and follow us on Twitter @TOE2_Oxon