This essential session will look at the legal and financial aspects of charitable organisations and the roles and responsibilities associated with them.
The course will cover the following aspects:
– Different legal structures
– Charitable Incorporated Organisations – what are they?
– Legal reporting requirements
– Trustee duties
– Internal and external reporting requirements
– The new Statement of Recommended Practice (2015)
– What financial control means and how to achieve it
Tessa Hennessey is an Oxford-based solicitor who specialises in advising charitable and other not for profit organisations on governance and regulatory issues. Tessa has first-hand experience of being a trustee of a small charity and has also worked in-house for a large charity. More information can be found here.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will:
- Understand the pros and cons of different legal structures and their importance
- Understand your legal reporting requirements
- Know the key changes that have taken place in the new Statement of Recommended Practice (2015) and the implications of this
- Understand how to achieve financial control within your organisation
- Mitigate risk to your organisation
Benefits to you
You will leave the session with an understanding of the best policy for legal and financial practices within your organisation.
Who should attend?
Any member of staff, volunteer, committee member or trustee who is in charge of legal and financial responsibilities.
Wednesday 22nd February 2017
9.45am arrival for tea, coffee and networking for a 10am start. The workshop will finish by 12pm.
£40 per person for OCVA Members
£45 per person from a charitable organisation who are not OCVA members
£50 per person from a non-charitable organisation
Ark T Centre
There is parking available next to the venue: £2.50 per day for parking in a multi-storey car park. Cowley is also serviced with good transport links. To check public transport options contact ‘Traveline’ on 0870 608 2 608 or visit: http://www.traveline.info/
Telephone: 01865 251946
When contacting us please state the name of the course your correspondence is in relation to.
Please note there are two steps to this process and both steps of the process will need to be completed to secure your place.
Step 1: Please register your details with us on the form:
Please note that registration without payment does not constitute a booking. Both are required, and we do check. (Thanks!)
Step 2: Make payment within 2 working days of registering.
We’re using PayPal for this event. Select ‘pay with a debit or credit card‘ if you don’t have a PayPal account (there’s no need to sign in to PayPal).
|Choose payment type||Select|
|OCVA Members pay £40.00 GBP|
|Charitable organisations who are not OCVA members pay £45.00 GBP|
|Non-charitable Rate pay £50.00 GBP|