Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
Candidates are assessed by a 30 question multiple choice exam with a maximum time allowance of one hour.
On successful completion of the course, candidates will achieve a Level 2 Award in Health and Safety from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Heath (CIEH). Certificates are usually posted within 20 days from completion of the exam.
The course costs £95.00 per person inclusive of exam and registration fees. Delegates will also receive a CIEH Health and Safety Good Practice Guide book.
There are no entry requirements for this course, but you will need to be able to read and understand as well as write English.
Tuesday 21st September 2017
Arrival from 9.15am for tea, coffee and networking for a 9.30am start. The course will aim to finish by 5pm.
Oxford Office Furniture Training Suite
The Old Court House
There is no parking available, although we maybe able to assist those with disabilities. Please contact us to enquire if you have a disability. Our venue is serviced with good transport links, if you are driving you may wish to take advantage of the Park and Ride services located at Redbridge, Pear Tree or Oxford Thornhill. Alternatively you can park in one of the City Centre car parks such as Gloucester Green, Oxpens, Oxford Train Station or Worcester Street.
Telephone: 01865 251946
When contacting us please state the name of the course your correspondence is in relation to.
Please note there are two steps to this process and both steps of the process will need to be completed to secure your place.
Step 1: Please register your details with us on the form:
Please note that registration without payment does not constitute a booking. Both are required, and we do check. (Thanks!)
Step 2: Make payment within 2 working days of registering.
We’re using PayPal for this event. Select ‘pay with a debit or credit card‘ if you don’t have a PayPal account (there’s no need to sign in to PayPal).
Accredited Health and Safety Training (£95.00)
Further Courses to Consider: