National Volunteers’ Week, 1st – 7th June ‘You Make the Difference’
Find out all you need to know about what OCVA has planned for 2017’s National Volunteers’ Week below.
Photograph competition: Could your volunteers be the face of our new county website?
To celebrate this year’s National Volunteers’ Week; OCVA, Volunteer Link-up (West Oxfordshire) and Volunteer Connect (Cherwell) are inviting groups to submit photographs of their wonderful volunteers making a difference. We are looking for images which capture volunteering in action, the diversity of activity and most importantly show volunteers having fun and enjoying themselves!
The competition will open on 1st June and close at midnight on 7th June. The submitted photographs will be judged by a panel of community members and key stakeholders, and the winning photos will form the front-page banner of our NEW county wide volunteering website which is to be launched in July!
Give it a GO in National Volunteers’ Week!
We are inviting groups across Oxfordshire to put on one-off taster sessions during National Volunteers’ Week. These sessions are a great opportunity for you to try out different types of voluntary activity and decide if it’s for you.
The calendar of activities will be uploaded on this page so do keep checking back. You should also check out the National Volunteering Website which has details of all the events taking place across the country that week.
Getting out and about in Volunteers’ Week!
During the week OCVA will be getting out and about, delivering free workshops and popping up at community events to talk to you about volunteering: it’s benefits, how to get involved and the support available to you. The calendar below let’s you know where we’ll be during the week.
- Thursday 1st June Oxford Train Station, 7am – 7pm – We’ll be manning a stand at the station to chat to train passengers about the benefits of volunteering and how OCVA can help provide advice and support
- Saturday 3rd June TBC. Abingdon Fun and Music in the Park, 11am – 3pm – Come and chat to us whilst you soak up the carnival atmosphere at Abingdon’s ‘Fun and Music in the Park’ event. As well as our information stand we’ll have plenty of random acts of kindness to get you volunteering straight away!
- Sunday 4th June – BBC Radio Oxford, 8:20am – Tune in to Sophie Law’s breakfast show and hear about the experiences of someone who has used the Volunteer Centre, what they now do as a volunteer and the impact volunteering has had on them.
- Monday 5th June – FREE Introduction to Volunteering Workshop Green Room, Barton Neighbourhood Centre, 12noon – 1:30pm. Everyone is welcome to attend this free workshop and find out more about volunteering in Oxfordshire: the benefits, how to get involved and how we can support you. You’ll also hear from groups in Barton and why they want you. Register for your free place at this event here.
- Tuesday 6th June – FREE Introduction to Volunteering Workshop. Rose Hill Community Centre, 10:30am – 12noon. Everyone is welcome to attend this free workshop and find out more about volunteering in Oxfordshire: the benefits, how to get involved and how we can support you. You’ll also hear from groups in Rose Hill and why they want you. Register for your free place at this event here.
- Wednesday 7th June – FREE Volunteering Workshop and introduction to MoMA. Museum of Modern Art, 5:30pm – 7pm, This is your chance to hear about the variety of ways you can give your time to help good causes in Oxfordshire, whether on a one-off or more regular basis. As well as finding out more about the benefits of volunteering and sources of help, MoMA will be offering tours and an introduction to the opportunities in the Museum. Register for your free place at this event here.
If you have any questions about any of the activities planned during National Volunteers’ Week or need support finding a volunteering opportunity, please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01865 251946