This informal session led by Lord-Lieutenant Tim Stevenson OBE will provide guidance in writing a nomination for the annual OCVA Charity and Volunteer Awards which are presented to honour the work done by groups and individuals.
The session will include:
- What are the OCVA Charity and Volunteer Awards
- Which awards can be won
- The process of writing a nomination
- Guidance on what the judges are looking for
- What it means to win an award
- The benefits of winning an award
There will be an opportunity to hear from a charity which won an award in 2016 and the effect this has had for the organisation.
There will be an opportunity for a Q&A session and you will be given a nomination form to make notes on for reference through the talk.
Come along and join us.
About Lord-Lieutenant Tim Stevenson OBE
Appointed on the 1st of September 2008, Tim has an MA in Jurisprudence from Worcester College Oxford and was awarded an OBE in 2004. He was called to the Bar in 1971 and is a member of the Inner Temple. He enjoys hill walking, music and reading.
– Chief Executive of Castrol International, 1993 – 1998
– Chief Executive of Burmah Castrol PLC, 1998 – 2000
– Member of Council at Modern Art Oxford, 1998 – 2004
– Chairman of Travis Perkins PLC from 2001 – 2010
– Chair of Governors of Oxford Brookes University, 2004 – 2008
– Chairman of Morgan Crucible PLC, 2006 – 2012
– Chairman of Johnson Matthey PLC
Benefits to you
You will leave the session knowing how to complete an award nomination and with an understanding of the benefits to the awards.
Who should attend?
The project is open to anyone who is considering nominating a colleague or organisation for an award.
Thursday 26th January 2017
5.45pm arrival for tea, coffee and networking for a 6pm start. The workshop will finish by 7.15pm.
Wesley Memorial Church
New Inn Hall Street
Telephone: 01865 251946
When contacting us please state the name of the course your correspondence is in relation to.
To register your interest for this course, please fill in the form below. We will contact you with your confirmation and details shortly.