This free to access workshop is aimed at groups delivering their service in one of the City Council’s regeneration areas. It’s aim is to help improve volunteer retention through effective volunteer management and will provide support to those who attend through feedback opportunities and a six month focus group.
Delivered by OCVA’s Volunteer Centre Coordinator, the content will be designed in response to the needs of those attending the workshops; but it is likely to cover volunteer inductions, effective communication with volunteers, strategies for maintaining volunteer motivation and how to deal with difficult situations involving volunteers. There will be opportunities throughout the workshop for discussion and reflection on your current approach to volunteer management, as well as practical suggestions for you to implement.
The workshop will be followed with a series of opportunities for delegates to provide on-going feedback and in turn, receive additional support with volunteer management in order to help them implement the good practice discussed as part of the workshop.
The sessions will be taking place:
- Tuesday 12th September from 10am to 1pm at Blackbird Leys Community Centre.
Follow up focus group: Tuesday 13th March (times to be confirmed).
- Wednesday 29th November from 10am to 1pm at Barton Community Centre.
Follow up focus group: Wednesday 30th May (times to be confirmed).
To ensure these free to access workshops reach groups most in need, there are a number of requirements and a short application process. Please read carefully through the list of requirements, and if you are eligible, complete the application form.
To meet the criteria for these sessions, your organisation must:
- Deliver its service in at least one of the City Council’s priority areas: The Leys, Barton, Northway, Wood Farm, Rose Hill, Littlemore or Cutteslowe.
- Be prepared to provide follow-up feedback 1 month and 3 months after attending the workshop.
- Be prepared to attend a focus group 6 months after the workshop with the other attendees to discuss any changes you have made, successes and area where you continue to need support.
Please note, you can only apply for one place on the workshop per organisation.
In order to ensure that the workshop is delivered to those who are eligible, potential delegates will need to download and fill out the application form below.
Please return forms for the first session by 4pm on Wednesday 16th August 2017.
The deadline for the second session is 4pm on Wednesday 1st November 2017.
Return all forms to:
Post: OCVA, The Old Courthouse, Floyds Row, St Aldates, Oxford, OX1 1SS
If you have any questions, or problems filling in the form, please do not hesitate to contact OCVA’s Training Coordinator, Charlotte Foxhall (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01865 251946)