The Level 3 Award in Passenger Assistance training (PATs) is a nationally recognised qualification designed for those who want to gain accredited skills for passenger assistance.
Candidates will learn all the basic principles and responsibilities for assisting and transporting passengers who are reliant on transport schemes.
What will be covered?
- The role of passenger assistance
- General responsibilities
- Supervising and assisting passengers
- Assisting the driver
- Health and safety awareness
- Manual handling awareness
- Personal safety awareness
- Theory and background information
- Practical skills assessment
- Passenger awareness and assistance
- Theory and practical skills
- Assisting passengers who travel in wheelchairs
- Professional etiquette (a reminder)
- Safety for passengers who use wheelchairs
- Supervising children and young people with special needs
- Working with adults who need care and supervision
- Mobility aids and special seating
- Contingency plans
Benefits to you
This course will provide you with the key skills and knowledge to know how to transport passengers safely.
Who should attend?
This session is appropriate for transport scheme drivers or assistants who would like to refresh their skills and develop further knowledge.
Thursday 19th October 2017
9.45am arrival for tea, coffee and networking for a 10am start. The workshop will finish by 4pm.
The course costs £90.00 per person inclusive of certificate.
Oxford Office Furniture Training Suite
There is no parking available, although we are able to provide parking for disabled delegates. The venue is also serviced with good transport links including bus and rail services, more information can be found here.
Telephone: 01865 251946
When contacting us please state the name of the course your correspondence is in relation to.
Please note there are two steps to this process and both steps of the process will need to be completed to secure your place.
Step 1: Please register your details with us on the form:
Please note that registration without payment does not constitute a booking. Both are required, and we do check. (Thanks!)
Step 2: Make payment within 2 working days of registering.
We’re using PayPal for this event. Select ‘pay with a debit or credit card‘ if you don’t have a PayPal account (there’s no need to sign in to PayPal).
Fire Safety Awareness Level 1 Training (£90.00)