As part of our Oxford City Council service level agreement, OCVA are delighted to be offering two free Managing Volunteers workshops, to anyone within an organisation in the priority areas who is responsible for coordinating volunteers. The workshops will be delivered by Emily Shaw, OCVA’s Volunteer Centre Co-ordinator. To ensure these free to access workshops reach groups most in need, there are a number of requirements and a short application process.
The sessions will be delivered on:
· Tuesday 12th September from 10am to 1pm at Blackbird Leys Community Centre.
Focus group: Tuesday 13th March 2018 (times to be confirmed).
· Wednesday 29th November from 10am to 1pm at Barton Community Centre.
Focus group: Wednesday 30th May 2018 (times to be confirmed).
1. The organisation must deliver its service in at least one of the City Council’s priority areas: The Leys, Barton, Northway, Wood Farm, Rose Hill, Littlemore or Cutteslowe.
2. The delegate must be prepared to provide follow up feedback 1 month and 3 months after attending the workshop
3. The delegate must attend a focus group 6 months after the workshop with the other attendees to discuss any changes made, successes and areas where continued support is required.
Please find attached the poster which includes all details which you can take out to groups etc. who you are working with who may be eligible Managing Volunteers Poster
The deadline for applications is:
· 4pm Wednesday 16th August for the first session
· 4pm Wednesday 1st November for the second session
The application form and further details can be found at: https://ocva.org.uk/managing-volunteers/
We are advertising this specifically within the priority areas and to those groups who provide services within these areas.
If you need any further information please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Kind regards, Charlotte Foxhall OCVA Training Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org