OCVA Terms and Conditions
- Applications are approved at the OCVA Trustees’ meeting six times a year.
- Benefits will be applied to applicants on a temporary basis while awaiting formal approval.
- Under the terms of OCVA’s Memorandum and Articles of Association, the Trustees may only refuse an application for membership if, acting reasonably and properly, they consider it to be in the best interests of the Charity to refuse the application.
- The Trustees must inform the applicant in writing of the reasons for the refusal within 21 days of the decision. The Trustees must consider any written representations the applicant may make about the decision. The Trustees’ decision following any written representations must be notified to the applicant in writing but shall be final.
Cancellation of membership
Under the terms of OCVA’s Memorandum and Articles of Association Membership is terminated if:
- the member dies or, if it is an organisation, ceases to exist;
- the member resigns by written notice to OCVA;
- any sum due from the member to OCVA is not paid in full within six months of it falling due unless a simple majority of the Trustees resolve otherwise in relation to that member;
If no payment has been received after three attempts to contact the organisation with the payment reminder invoice, the organisation will if possible be phoned to explain that membership is about to be cancelled unless payment is received within six months of the renewal date – normally 1 April.
- the member is removed from membership by a special resolution of the Charity voting in a general meeting that it is in the best interests of the Charity that his or her membership is terminated. A resolution to remove a member from membership may only be passed if:
- the member has been given at least twenty-one days’ notice in writing of the meeting of the Trustees at which the resolution will be proposed and the reasons why it is to be proposed;
- the member or, at the option of the member, the member’s representative (who need not be a member of the Charity) has been allowed to make representations to the meeting.
For a description of member benefits (full membership or associate membership) or for an explanation of how the membership year operates, or for the current price list, please see the OCVA website.